Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA*
Community Medical Centers has been providing central California with the highest level of care available in the region. Community Regional Medical Center measures up with top hospitals nationally and is the 3rd largest in California! With 685 beds, we are home to the only comprehensive Burn and Level I Trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. The 56,000 square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in California! We have an 84-bed Level III NICU and plan to significantly expand pediatric specialty care. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We're affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility; trained 3,000 Medical Doctor's to date plus continuous invests in research and training grants. Responsibilities: The role of the Clinical Sup Nursing is to assist the Unit Manager in the planning, organizing and directing of patient care services. This position supervises the team(s) providing direct care for patients. Management and leadership skills needed include conflict management, negotiation, team building, communication, budget administration and coaching/mentoring others. Directs patient assignments, staff scheduling, patient flow, and assists in meeting financial targets by effectively assisting in managing utilization, productivity, personnel and supplies. Participates, as necessary, in team meetings and represents clinical staff on appropriate committees.
1. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit/department goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and standards of care which contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
2. Assists the unit manager in implementing and evaluating Performance improvement/risk management/safety programs, keeps unit survey ready and up-to-date on regulatory standards.
3. Ensures continuity of quality patient care by planning staff assignments, through evaluation of census, patient satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and compliance with fiscal budget. Reports any variances to the unit manager.
4. Acts as a liaison for Staff/Patients/Families/Physicians. Addresses any staffing and patient flow/work issues including; appropriate bed placement, evaluating outcomes, providing feedback, and developing improvement strategies.
5. Evaluates staff development needs and provide ongoing educational opportunities for professional development. Acts as a mentor/point of contact for staff members. Stays current with the latest clinical/technological advances and share knowledge with staff as appropriate.
6. Assists the unit manager with administrative and HR duties such as monitoring time and attendance, participating in interviews and hiring process, assisting with performance appraisal process, attending/leading meetings, and completing/following up on occurrence and injury reports.
7. Provides coverage as a staff RN, including "at all times" break coverage as needed.
8. Works collaboratively with case managers to ensure they have access to information needed to develop and deliver a case management plan.
9. Ensures compliance with Patient Ratio and Patient Classification regulations by providing accurate information to Staffing Office for ONE-Staff Scheduling System including acuity sheet completion and completion of variance reports as necessary.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Education
High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or Completion of a CHS Approved Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Certificate required
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
2 years staff RN experience in area of specialty providing a full spectrum of care in a variety of situations required
May substitute 2 years supervisory experience in lieu of 2 years staff RN experience
Experience coordinating clinical care and providing mentorship, education, and training to staff nurses. Experience as a Nurse Supervisor or a similar position in an acute care hospital preferred
Licenses and Certifications
RN - Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
Certifications as required for the unit required
NATIONAL - National Certification related to specialty and applicable to role preferred
Refer to the department's specific requirements, orientation skills checklists and competencies
Additional Certification Requirements
Adult Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required upon entry or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-60300 CVU, 01-60306 FH CVU, 01-74230 Cardiac Surgery, 01-75706 FH Cath Lab, 01-75900 Cardiology, 01-75931 Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab, 01-61705 FH Tele, 01-75700 Cath Lab. Clovis: 02-75701 Cath Lab.
Adult Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 1 year of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-61790 CPCU, 01-61791 CVS Progressive 8W, 01-74300 Short Stay Surgery, 01-74206 FH Surgery, 01-74276 FH PACU, 01-74306 FH Short Stay Surgery, 01-60100 4ICU Medical, 01-60101 5ICU Trauma, 01-60102 Neuroscience ICU, 01-61704 Neuroscience 9W, 01-61780 ICU Stepdown(PCU), 01-74270 PACU, 01-61100 Burn Center, 01-73900 Burn Therapy, 01-61701 Med Surg 2 East, 01-61702 Med Surg 5 Central, 01-61703 PCU 7W, 01-61770 Orthopedics, 01-74240 Neurosurgery, 01-70100 Emergency, 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 01-74003 Antepartum, 01-74004 OB Triage, 01-61730 Oncology, 01-77610 Endoscopy. Clovis: 02-61790 CPCU, 02-70100 ED, 02-74000 Labor & Delivery, 02-74270 PACU, 02-74300 Short Stay Surgery, 02-77610 Endoscopy.
Basic Arrhythmia must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-61100 Burn Center, 01-61701 Med Surg 2 East, 01-61702 Med Surg 5 Central, 01-61703 PCU 7W, 01-61770 Orthopedics, 01-61730 Oncology, 01-61790 CPCU, 01-61791 CVS Progressive 8W, 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 02-74000 Labor & Delivery.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-70100 ED, 01-74300 Short Stay Surgery, 01-74270 PACU, 01-61100 Burn Center, 01-73900 Burn Therapy, 01-62900 Pediatric, 01-60500 PICU Pediatric ICU, 01-77610 Endoscopy (except for nurses in pre-admission testing). Clovis: 02-70100 ED, 02-74270 PACU.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale Course must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-60100 4ICU Medical, 01-60101 5ICU Trauma, 01-60102 Neuroscience ICU, 01-61704 Neuroscience 9W, 01-61780 ICU Stepdown(PCU), 01-70100 ED. Clovis: 02-70100 ED.
Fetal Monitoring certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 01-74003 Antepartum, 01-74004 OB Triage.
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-60500 PICU, 01-62900 Pediatric, 01-63800 Obstetrics, 01-74000 Labor & Delivery, 01-74003 Antepartum, 01-74004 OB Triage, 01-60700 NICU. Clovis: 02-63800 Obstetrics, 02-74000 Labor & Delivery.
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer into job for the following departments: 01-61730 Oncology.
Please note: Per the CDPH order, all healthcare workers are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption and test regularly.
Please note: If any bonuses are noted, they are only applicable to external hires and those candidates meeting current bonus requirements.