Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA
*Up to $10k sign-on bonus available for candidates meeting specialty experience requirements
We're looking for RNs to join our growing Burn team! In this fast-paced environment, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a close-knit team, all while caring for a wide acuity of patients in our nationally-recognized Leon S. Peters Burn Center at Community Regional Medical Center. The patients you will care for will range from moderate to high acuity, including pediatric and adult trauma patients, mild scald burn and skin graft patients, and more. This is the perfect opportunity to grow your burn experience and become a leader in the continuum of care for our burn patients.
As the only ABA Verified Burn Center in the Valley, our 10-bed burn center is the only around-the-clock Level 1 Burn Center between Sacramento and LA for adult and pediatric burn survivors. We are active in burn research and evidence-based care, managing complex wounds. As part of our specialized burn team, you will have the unique opportunity to focus on the continuum of care for burn survivors and their family members.
Community Regional Medical Center is the largest of our three main hospitals and the flagship hospital of the Central Valley. This academic-affiliated, Level 1 Trauma Center is located on a 58-acre campus in downtown Fresno. It features one of the largest and busiest emergency departments in California as well as a comprehensive burn center. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients.
We know that our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff. Because of this, we provide unique benefits like free concierge services to run your errands while you work and well-being support through on-demand resources, as well as excellent retirement options and core benefits. Financial benefits are important too, and outside base compensation, we provide relocation bonuses if you are moving to our wonderful community.
Responsibilities: Your Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.Responsibilities
In your role, you will:
- Initiate and update the patient plan of care, using the role-based decision-making process by considering the stability of the patient and incorporating data collection, patient assessment, implementation, evaluation, patient/family teaching and care coordination.
- Teach others to succeed by mentoring and preceptorship. Utilize evidence-based practice to guide clinical practice.
- Involve the patient, family, significant other, and other health care providers in validating the data. Determine nursing diagnosis based on patient clinical data and information obtained in patient admission history.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the patient's care plan in an ongoing, systematic and criterion-based process, including patient responses and the attainment of expected outcomes.
- Act as a patient advocate by initiating action to improve healthcare or to change decisions or activities which are against the interests or wishes of the patient, and by giving the patient the opportunity to make informed decisions about healthcare before it is provided.
Qualifications:QualificationsEducation and Experience Minimum Requirements:
Licenses and Certifications
- Graduate of approved nursing program required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Consistent demonstration of Novice / Advanced Beginner clinical nursing practice proficiency required
- RN - Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
- BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required