Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at , LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Account Director I - Channel Management assumes Leadership of the Partner's experience with the standard Lumen Enterprise Acquire and Customer Success policies, processes, and tools as well as those created specifically for the Partner Channel. The responsibilities include building, growing, and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with the right strategic Partners to expand our market share.
This role identifies, recruits, and manages an assigned account base of indirect sales, telecommunications partners to generate revenue by executing channel programs. The Account Director I is responsible for selling new and existing company products and services, targeting business to business clients.
The Main Responsibilities
- Drive inflight sales opportunities with Partner/Customer/Internal teams
- Develop and implement opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts, increasing overall revenue spend by targeted customers.
- Create account plans and strategies to win new business from existing customers.
- Solution pricing review and negotiation
- Develop sales in designated account base by working with partners to identify new sales opportunities.
- Responsible for Funnel, Promo, Spiff and Deal reviews
- Define solution design, Pricing strategy, DSR for marketing promo, OM engagement
- SFA opportunity creation and Funnel Management
- Partner Engagement - New partner activation, dormant partner reactivation, relationship building
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities to meet and exceed quota requirements.
- Manage and serve as the escalation path for end customers and partners to ensure superior customer experience.
- Coordinate and deliver training and on-boarding programs for Partners to ensure sales readiness for company products and processes, including product and systems training.
- Coordinate with Inside Sales on partner sales opportunities, prepare customer presentations, and coordinate with internal groups (sales engineering, product, etc.) during the sales process.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 7-9 years of related experience
- Proficient understanding of company's telecommunications products and network capabilities
- Valid driver license as role may require driving to customer and/or partner meetings.
- Ability to travel an average of 25%
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business, marketing, or related field with 7-9 years of related experience.
- Proven success of building strong relationships and partnerships.
- Advanced understanding of company's telecommunications products and network capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of company financial measurements, telecommunications industry, and indirect sales model.
Requisition #: 310918
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.