Job Title: Accountant
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. As Senior Accountant you will evaluates, select and apply generally accepted accounting principles. Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports. Prepares standard and non-standard journal entries for income and balance sheet statements. Researches, analyzes, reviews and/or reconciles unusual entries and/or entries that do not balance. Properly reconciles account balances. Conducts financial report analysis and/or audits. Assists with major/complex projects including annual audit preparation. you will:
- Follow general accounting practices and procedures in preparing standard and non-standard journal entries for income and balance sheet statements, consolidates statements and other accounting reports.
- Research unusual entries and/or entries that do not balance. Analyzes results and makes recommendations.
- Prepare financial reports and/or conducts/analyzes audits or reconciliation. Plays key support role in major/complex monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, including audit preparation and/or projects.
- As directed, exchanges limited information and resolves issues with outside organizations and/or auditors.
- Provide accounting related advice and counsel to internal and lower level personnel.
- Maintain/analyze current accounting controls and makes recommendations for changes by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Maintain records of financial documents with appropriate supporting material. Updates records as necessary.
- Recognize that ensuring a safe work environment is everyone's responsibility. Acts and utilizes equipment in a manner that ensures a safe and incident free work environment.
- Recognize who their customer is, understands their customers' requirements, and focuses on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in and lead in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required. Works effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to resolve sensitive issues.
- Has the poise to interact effectively with executives at the highest levels.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel and Powerpoint.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 2 or more years of Accounting and Finance experience
It would be great if you had:
- CPA License
- SAP Experience
About the total compensation package:
Salary - The salary for this position is $52,000-$66,000
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program