Full Time - Accountant Role - Competitive Salary Your new companyI am currently recruiting for a family firm who this year are celebrating 60 years in business. A recent change in ownership is seeing the practice grow, with a renewed focus on heightened client service. You will be joining a small close-knit team of 8, operating in a relaxed environment, with people focused employers. As the firm is constantly growing, the Partners are looking to expand the team to assist with the associated workload that comes with it. Your new role
- Statutory accounts preparation for Limited Companies, Partnerships & Sole Traders
- Preparation of management accounts
- Prepare Income Tax returns
- Prepare Corporation Tax returns
- Provide cover for preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submit to HMRC Knowledge of company secretarial, statutory filings and maintenance of statutory registers
- Payroll knowledge is advantageous
- Ad hoc duties as and when requested.
What you'll need to succeed
- The successful candidate must have worked within an accountancy practice previously.
- Have knowledge of statutory accounts preparation and up to date experience of the UK tax legislation.
- Experience of Xero and IRIS is desirable, but not essential.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have high computer literacy levels and be a people-friendly person capable of working with a wide range of people at different levels.
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available.
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays + (Additional 6 days leave across the year for office closure days)
- 5% Employer pension contribution
- Annual weekend away for staff, including their partners and dependants
- Free Parking
- Company Sick Pay policy
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.