Georgetown Hill Early School is a non-profit school serving Maryland families' preschool, elementary, and child care needs since 1980 . Our mission is to join together teachers, children and their families to create an unsurpassed early childhood educational experience.
We are seeking a Before & After Care Teacher to join the School Age (K-5th) program at several of our Montgomery County campuses ! This position may be full or part time and schedules are flexible. At a minimum, applicants should be able to work 3-6pm at least three days a week.
Your role will be to meet the needs of our K-5th students who join us before and after school and on days when public schools are closed.
What You Will Do:
- Providing fun and enjoyable activities and experiences for children outside of their school requirements
- Provide for educational needs and interests of elementary children via homework help and assistance with school work
- Supervision of children to assure the health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Demonstrate effective leadership among the before & after care team
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and positive interpersonal relations with children, families, colleagues, and community
- Manage the before & after care program in a way that fosters a consistent, safe, and positive environment for all students and staff
Why You'll Love Us:
We enjoy providing our before & after care team with the space to utilize our program while exploring their own creativity in the classroom. We invite you to join our growing community of teachers and hope that you'll find a rewarding and fulfilling career at our schools.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance with an employer-funded health reimbursement account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) with up to 4% annual employer match
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Schedules
- Sick Leave
- Personal Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount on Tuition
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Eligible Employer
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that ensures the happiness and success of each of our employees, as well as the families and children who put their trust in us. We pride ourselves on hiring, training, and retaining a community of employees from various backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Our ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of relevant experience and the following credentials/skills:
- MSDE 90hr School Age certification
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and teaching methods
- Strong knowledge of MSDE regulations
- A personal demeanor that is warm, friendly, and cool-tempered
- Proficient technological skills to utilize various productivity tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and reading skills
- Extremely reliable in attendance and punctuality
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Team-oriented and willing to work with others
Per Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care regulations, all applicants must submit to and successfully pass a state and federal background check as a contingency of employment.
Per organizational policy, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and expects them to maintain applicable boosters. Georgetown Hill provides reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need an accommodation regarding this policy because of a disability, you are responsible for requesting a reasonable accommodation from Georgetown Hill Human Resources.