Recruiting for a Buyer of bespoke electrical vehicle components for one of our large automotive clients. We are currently recruiting for a Buyer of bespoke electrical vehicle components for one of our large automotive clients. The role is very much a contractor-based role on a rolling 12 x month contract, pay is negotiable depending on experience. This is a Hybrid working role where you will be expected to be on-site at the Chichester manufacturing plant for your initial training period and then just a few days per week, otherwise this is flexible working. Description: Product quality always begins at source - with procurement. That's why it takes people with uncompromising standards, exceptional business acumen and real determination to procure exciting and innovative materials for our clients bespoke vehicles. But the job doesn't just end there. In their pursuit of excellence, the team is tasked with managing the introduction of a vast array of bespoke features from a diverse range of specialised, sustainable sources. As an integral part of the Bespoke buying team, you will be responsible for securing the supply of bespoke electrical vehicle components and selecting suitable suppliers in line with agreed cost, quality and time targets. This entails negotiating and agreeing prices and terms with suppliers in order to achieve the best possible costs while taking account of design, volume and timing constraints. You will be an expert in project management ensuring that all parts are developed and supplied to the required quality standard and within the planned delivery timelines. You will proactively resolve supplier problems and ensure a continued successful business relationship with all parties.Key Skills:
- A degree (or equivalent) and ideally a CIPS qualification.
- Experience of production component purchasing within an automotive environment or equivalent manufacturing environment.
- Experience in managing professional supplier selection processes.
- Experience of handling commercial negotiations with external suppliers.
- Experience of project management and an understanding of new product development processes.
- Good problem-solving ability required to overcome problems arising from specific cost, quality, time issues;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to influence key stakeholders.
Please contact Mo Asif at Hays recruitment, or simply apply via this advert.