The Broadband Network Technician I is responsible for detecting, troubleshooting and resolving system outages for data, video, and telephone. This role will be responsible for emergency restoration of coax, underground cable, maintenance of power supply, leakage and splicing. The BNT I is required to maintain documentation as needed. This role participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Detect, troubleshoot and resolve system outages
- Emergency coax restoration
- Underground cable
- Maintenance (power supply, actives)
- Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years (telecom technician)
- Competencies: Maintain satisfactory driving record and have a valid driver's license; Customer Service, Communication (verbal, written), Basic Computer Skills; Aptitude to learn to skills; Problem solving; Time Management; Teamwork; Working alone; Ability to read and interpret maps; Bucket Certified; Ohm's; Understand the Outside Plant
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ladder; Hand or Power Tools; Customer Service; Communication (verbal, written); Basic Computer Skills; Aptitude to learn to skills; Problem solving; Time Management; Teamwork; Working alone
In accordance with the NYC COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, all NYC employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, this requirement must be met prior to your start date, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved prior to your start date. An exemption is provided to the extent required, consistent with federal, state and local law.
Astound Broadband is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)