BuyerAflex - Bradley Business ParkWhy Watson-Marlow:
At Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Solutions you face different challenges every single day. You are empowered to dream bigger and work smarter. You have time to live your life outside of your job.
Our business is built by a diverse team of engineers, sales teams, marketers, administrators, designers, assemblers, chemists, web developers, accountants, analysts, programmers and many more. Globally we are united by our shared values that drive our culture. We want to be an employer where you make our difference.This role will focus on:
To be successful in this role, youwill need:
- Raising manual purchase orders for both in direct and direct goods such as but not limited to, stock items, fittings, consumables, and maintenance part.
- Negotiating the best price and lead times from Suppliers.
- Timely management of working in the purchasing inbox.
- Identify and lead opportunities within the business for innovation, waste reduction and continuous improvement
- Reducing the number of day to day requisitions and utilizing the stock system.
- Determine optimal stock levels to satisfy customer requirements; maintain and adjust stock levels in line with our company forecasts, trends, events and budgets whilst also ensuring that lost sales due to inadequate stock levels are minimised
- Obtaining quotes for the requesting departments.
- Completing the daily low stock sheet.
- Quarterly usage check on export orders, to maintain the correct quantity is being ordered.
- Ensure that orders are placed in a timely and appropriate manner and that lead times and delivery schedules are appropriately managed.
- Supplier Non-Conformances processing.
- Raw material proposals and orders placed.
- Data cleansing for new system.
- Following the Company policy and procedures to the highest standard.
- CIPS / IoSCM woudl be beneficial
- Technical knowledged in a buying role
- Buyer experience
- Manufacturing and Engineering buying
- Raw materials such as Steel / PTFE / EPDM / SILIUN etc would be beneficial.
- Ability to effectively use computer and communication technology such as Microsoft Office, Teams and Excel.
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability ro build relationships with stakeholders
- Self motivated and capable of decision making
- Strong communication and time managment skills
- Driven and enjoys the challenge of change
As a growing and ambitious organisation with a presence in over60 global locations and across multiple markets, we can offer you the workingenvironment and support needed to be successful. We are committed toachieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. Wewelcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age,gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.What's in it for me?
Weoffer a range of attractive staff benefits including accessible employeeforums, comprehensive pension packages, flexible working arrangements, privatemedical healthcare for all employees and inclusive employment practices.About Watson-Marlow
Every day, we help companies across the globe to bemore efficient and sustainable.
Watson-Marlow FluidTechnology Solutions (WMFTS) is the world leader in niche peristaltic pumps andassociated fluid path technologies. Comprising ten established brands, eachwith their area of expertise, but together offering our customers unrivalledsolutions for their pumping and fluid transfer applications. Together with our colleagues across Spirax-Sarco Engineeringplc, we are proud to be a FTSE 100 company.