Description: NOW OFFERING A HIRING BONUS OF UP TO $600.00. APPLY TODAY!
Each Region V Services employee performs responsible, professional work in providing training and support for individuals with disabilities in their homes and/or various community locations. This support and training will enhance the individual's competencies and help him/her achieve individual goals and build goals and relationships within the community.
The person in this position may be required to work in a variety of locations. The hours will be scheduled based on individual needs which may include evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. Attendance will be required at various training sessions which will allow the CSP to expand their knowledge and provide quality services.
This is a full-time position based on a 4-day/64-hour work week, which includes an overnight schedule and overtime pay. This position is eligible for employee benefits including health, dental, paid leave, retirement benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Pay now starting anywhere from $40,000 to $43,000 annually.
- Ensuring a meaningful day for individuals by providing systematic training and customized supports based on their individual needs and desired outcomes.
- Attend and participate in team meetings to ensure that the training and supports that are developed for individuals are truly what the individual needs and desires.
- Work with the individual, his/her family, and other team members in identifying the person's desired outcomes. This includes participation in the completion of any assessments/evaluations as recommended by the IPP team.
- Develop training programs and maintain accurate data collection, records, and report as required to maintain accountability and meet regulatory requirements.
- Monitor training programs regularly to enhance personal growth and ensure individual progress by making changes as necessary.
- Serve as a positive role model and trainer for the individual in regards to socially enhancing behavior, personal hygiene, language, personal grooming, etc., while utilizing teachable moments.
- Work cooperatively with consultants, supervisors, and other agency staff to assist all personnel in meeting the needs of the individual.
- Instruct, follow, and enforce safety precautions in accordance with federal, state, local and Region V Services rules, regulations and procedures.
- Maintain a flexible schedule which can be adjusted to meet individual needs for training and support.
- Assist the individual in meeting their nutritional and dietetic needs.
- Be certified as a Medication Aide, if required, and follow all laws and regulations in the administration of medication.
- Provide necessary supervision and training to the individual in various environments within their community to increase valued social roles.
- Assist individuals in enhancing their image within the community by maintaining their personal appearance and hygiene.
- Provide transportation and support as needed for the individual to improve their community access skills.
- Attend staff meetings, training conferences, and other developmental sessions as required to continue to improve job performance.
- Assist individuals in managing their personal funds with strict adherence to Region V Services procedures.
- Perform other duties, as assigned to meet the needs of Region V Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of training individuals with developmental disabilities helpful.
- Ability to work with individuals with special needs, including personal hygiene/care.
- Ability to contribute positively to the work team.
- Ability to meet the physical demand of the service location.
- Lifting may be required at the service location. If lifting or other adaptive equipment is available, it MUST be used.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Ability to accept directions and follow through with completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to identify and report situations requiring supervisor's advice.
Type of Qualifying Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge.
- Prefer one year experience in the field of human services.
- Possession of a driver's license valid in the state of Nebraska or other adequate means of transportation.
- Must possess a reliable means of communication (e.g. telephone, cell phone, etc.).
- Will be subject to criminal history APS and CPS background check. May be subject to drug and alcohol screen.