World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage and Bolton is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Cable Design Engineer subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract. The role will also be a hybrid split of working from home and onsite either Bolton or Stevenage, depending on your preference).
Hourly Rate: £45ph
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Electrical Cable Design Engineer Job Description:
A fantastic opportunity for a Cable / Harness Design Engineer to work within our Interconnects team designing bespoke electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems in our products. Experience in cable/harness design, using relevant CAD packages such as HarnWare.
- To do this you will need to interpret sub-system requirements and, from these, generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD.
- You will need to be able to carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems and issues; developing and preparing solutions, either individually or as a member of a project team.
- The role also includes support to manufacturing in order to resolve any manufacturing issues, as well as supporting functional and environmental product trials.
- To design bespoke Electrical Interconnects suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission within and between subsystems in our products in accordance with Technical Lead and project requirements.
- Working across multiple projects to deliver ECAD solutions for SI, SE and manufacturing drawings within the given timescales.
- Supporting the generation of support data such as bundle calculations, voltage drop, pin allocation and manufacturing good practice.
- Experience in cable/harness design, using relevant CAD packages such as HarnWare. (Individuals will require their own a Harnware licence)
- The ability to define cable assembly construction based upon electrical constraints such as current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements.
- An appreciation of cable assembly production/process engineering
- Experience of working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical and electronic design engineers to deliver robust cable assembly design solutions