Mission Lane is revolutionizing access to financial tools to pave a clear way forward for millions of Americans on the path to financial success. We strive to create solutions no one ever has before, to redefine the financial industry for the better. Sound like a mission you could get behind?
Mission Lane is looking for an Engineering Manager
to join our geographically diverse team. All Mission Laners may choose to work 100% remotely, at one of our offices in Richmond, VA or San Francisco, CA, or in whatever combination works best.The Impact You'll Make in this Role:
Working with our payments and fraud teams is key to our customers being able to have a reliable and trust-worthy experience.Our Tech:
To set you up for success in this role from day one, Mission Lane is looking for candidates who have:
- Work with the Mission Lane Engineering Leadership to implement outstanding products for the servicing team. The Engineering Manager will design, execute, utilize and maintain software engineering servicing applications. Assign work to software engineering team members, evaluate and manage their performance. Support to recruit engineering personnel, technical staffing, and project teams formation.
- Drive the growth of our people and technology so we can continue to scale.
- Recruit for and scale our engineering team with world class talent by contributing to the sourcing, screening, and interviewing of engineering candidates
- Be a direct manager of software engineers and supervise managers of small teams as necessary
- Introduce best practices to the team and encourage the adoption of new ideas
- Track and analyze metrics and data to measure and improve the health, capacity, skill level, engagement and productivity of our engineering teams
- Lead the planning and delivery of complex technical projects
- Foster a culture of growth from within through mentorship
- Work with our product team to fulfill our deliverables roadmap
- Promote Mission Lane and our team to the broader engineering community
- Influence our technology decisions with our CTO
- Implement effective data-driven engineering processes, providing transparency and predictability
- Manage the effective operations of critical systems
You get bonus points for:
- A track record of leading productive engineering teams of 6 - 8 people, including hiring top talent and leveling-up and training team members
- Focus on web technologies and experience with distributed systems
- Passion for improving the lives of our customers
- A passion for delivering quality software, maintaining excellent operations and level of service, and helping teams continuously improve
- Previous experience at a FinTech company helpful but not required
- Experience managing other managers of small teams is a plus
- Experience hiring and developing top engineering talent
- You are highly organized and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Strong programming skills
- You are passionate about agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years of experience, background as a developer at some point
- Created a great team culture where direct reports feel supported and have helped customers by getting them a more stable platform.
At Mission Lane, we're looking for people who have the courage to take on new challenges. If you need accommodations to perform at your highest potential throughout the application and/or interview process, don't hesitate to reach out.
We're committed to ensuring our team members have balance in their lives. Our comprehensive benefits package* provides the support you need to thrive at work and at home.
*Benefits may vary by location
- Work: An engaging culture with access to training programs and advancement opportunities
- Life: Full health, dental, and vision benefits, Flexible Spending Account (for medical and childcare expenses), paid parental leave, and a 401k Company Match
- Balance: Generous PTO, flexible schedules, a Calm App subscription, and more.
More about Mission Lane:
Mission Lane is based in the U.S., with offices in Richmond, Virginia & San Francisco, California. Founded in December 2018, we've rapidly grown to almost 2 million customers.
It all started with a realization: nearly fifty percent of the adult population in the U.S. doesn't have access to a clear line of credit. And by clear we mean credit without crazy fees that only increase debt. Most traditional credit card companies either overlook or overcharge this group because they have less-than-prime credit scores or no score at all. We decided this just wouldn't do.
We understand that everyone doesn't have the same opportunities. We also know that everyone joins us at different stages of their financial journeys. Providing access to clear credit was a critical first step, but our work isn't done. We are actively developing new products designed to meet our customers where they are, according to their needs.
We get it - life happens . That's why Mission Lane is hard at work paving a better way forward.
Just like for our customers, Mission Lane creates opportunities for our employees to learn, grow, and prosper. We strive to create an environment that brings out the best in everyone, everyday.Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Mission Lane is not currently sponsoring new applicant employment authorization for this position. And please, no third-party recruiters.