ConMet is looking for an exceptional Field Service Engineer to be the point of contact with our customers as we launch our first generation eMobility Trailers. If you're looking for a new and exciting opportunity in the eMobility arena and have proven background understanding customer use case, educating customers on system functionality, and ensuring consistent functional operation of the eMobility system, we would be interested in hearing from you.
In the role of Field Service Engineer (FSE), you will be primarily accountable for curating a positive customer experience for our first generation eMobility Trailers, by understanding customer use case, educating customers on system functionality, ensuring consistent functional operation of the eMobility system.
Expected travel is up to 50% as first-generation fleet grows.
This role will be based at ConMet's corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Washington.
About ConMet eMobility
ConMet eMobility was established in 2019 to address the needs and challenges of clean energy technology. The growing team has years of experience in electrical engineering, system controls, battery science, and more. Together with the unmatched wheel end expertise and support of ConMet, ConMet eMobility is enabling the development of zero-emission commercial vehicles, capturing and regenerating the kinetic energy that would otherwise go wasted. To learn more check:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the subject matter expert on system functionality and failure mode analysis
- Gather customer feedback and use case and be the conduit to Product Development
- Prepare technical documents outlining customer use and defining the technical solution in support of sales
- Understand customer integration plans into their fleet and develop support strategy
- Support customers in the initial startup and training of the system functionality and key safety features
- Analyze technical problems that occur in the field and systematically troubleshoot issues
- Maintain communication with the customer to ensure a positive product experience
- Formulates and drives framework for service requirements and future field support requirements
- Prepare technical service reports that document field issues that can be used for future product improvements
- Monitor the data from customer's assets to ensure proper functionality
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years working as a Field Application Engineer, or equivalent experience in previous roles
- Minimum 3-5 years working in the automotive or commercial vehicle industry
- High mechanical aptitude
- Experience working with electric vehicles
ConMet, a division of Amsted Industries, is a leading global supplier of wheel hubs, aluminum castings, and structural plastics to original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket channels in the commercial vehicle industry. Founded in 1964, ConMet innovation has been critical in designing, engineering, and manufacturing revolutionary technologies for trucks and trailers. Today, ConMet products are standard equipment on most heavy-duty vehicles in North America and have a growing footprint worldwide.
ConMet is committed to creating products and services that align with critical customer needs. The development of more efficient products, processes, and technology that transform the way customers run and maintain their vehicles is central to ConMet's vision.
Diversity & Inclusion Pledge
At ConMet, differences are not ignored, but celebrated. Our goal is to encourage a deeper knowing of our people, pulling out knowledge and experiences to ignite creativity. We are committed to achieving workplace equity by intentionally creating a work environment where all people are respected, accepted and have a sense of belonging.
Because people are what drive our success, ConMet's Diversity and Inclusion program empowers all employees to embrace their individuality and share their abilities to further our innovations, thus improving the lives of our employees and customers, and strengthening our position as a leader in our market.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection
- Innovative vacation plan
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program match
- Wellness reimbursement
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ConMet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws ( Protected Characteristics ). Ensuring fair wages is an important Company value. Accordingly, the Company will not pay wages to any employee at a rate less than the Company pays to other employees for work that is substantially equivalent and requires comparable skills unless a bona fide factor justifies a pay differential. The Company prohibits pay disparity based on Protected Characteristics or prior salary history. The Company prohibits retaliation against employees for discussing compensation.