- The Senior Specialist FPGA Engineer will perform the following:
- Support proposal efforts in the estimation and planning of end-to-end FPGA development.
- Decompose and allocate system and box-level requirements to FPGA requirements and specifications.
- Assist in architecting solutions against requirements and implement those solutions in various FPGA technologies or platforms.
- Follow, enforce, and refine consistent firmware development processes across FPGA designs.
- Synthesize designs to targeted technologies and perform constraint driven place and route and analysis.
- Generate design review and deliverable documentation including review packages, block diagrams, interface control documents, and test plans/procedures.
- Conduct design peer reviews at various phases in the development process.
- Ensure FPGA simulations verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly.
- Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
- In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering with 6 years relevant experience or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Experience with VHDL, the FPGA design process, and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs
- Experience building FPGAs with difficult timing and/or difficult routing constraints
- Experience with standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Fundamental experience with, and a desire to perform management functions
- Designing for space environments
- Experience with communications/DSP systems
- Experience with verifying FPGA implementations against system models in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with 1553B, SpaceWire, XAUI, JESD, I2C, SPI interfaces
- Experience with digital encryption schemes
- Experience with embedded processors
Please see our website for more job openings: