A permanent, full time Income Officer role based in Bolton, suited to experienced Housing professionals. Offering up to £25,000 per annum.
Our client provide good quality homes to the community, with a focus on supporting the most vulnerable by providing support and value for money, whilst enabling the customers to live independently.
The Income Officer will be responsible for;
- Monitoring and administration of rent accounts on the Housing Management System
- Managing Arrears Process from start to finish
- Working with senior team members to resolve income collection issues
- Assisting in the creation of rent and service charges
- Ensuring new Housing Benefit claims are completed and tracking progress
- Engaging with Local Authority Housing Benefit Departments after claims are suspended or cancelled
- Liaising with stakeholders regarding payment of rent where the tenant is not eligible for Housing Benefit
- Liaising with tenants, families, care providers and local authorities via email and telephone, as required
- Be the first point of contact for Housing Benefit and Rent account related enquiries
- Dealing with Housing Benefit overpayment invoices
- General office duties (scanning of documents, answering calls etc.)
- Assisting in annual rent increase project work
- Undertake tasks and project work as required by the income manager.
The successful candidate must possess the following in order to be considered;
- Good communication skills, having confidence to interact effectively with different people, face to face, over the phone and by email
- Ability to deal sensitively with all enquiries and tenants queries
- Ability to work as a part of a team and to adapt and respond to change
- IT literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office packages confidently
- Advantageous - Experience of working within the supported housing sector and/or within housing income
- Advantageous - Awareness of the Supported Housing sector
- Advantageous - Awareness of Housing Benefits
- Advantageous - Experience in using Housing Management and rent accounting software
On offer to the candidate;
- A permanent, full time Income Officer role, based in Bolton and offering some hybrid working;
- Salary of between £24,000 and £25,000 depending on experience;
- A highly supportive Manager and team.