Job Title Inspector
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you're innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
We're looking for an Inspector. As an Inspector you will work under limited supervision to inspects a variety of products in their final configuration. You will:
- Performs some testing of mechanical/electrical assemblies and measures dimensional characteristics per Raymond engineering and other documents.
- Support quality systems, follows all quality documentation, performing inspections of completed trucks ensuring both internal and end user customer requirements are met.
- Ensure satisfaction of internal customers. Determines consistency in workmanship on all performed activities by adhering to Quality Systems documents.
- Work with Raymond Business Network (RBN) and retrieves documents such as prints per latest revision and deviations.
- Participate in problem solving at inspection as well as manufacturing and product assembly levels.
- Utilize strong communication skills - clear and concise in both verbal and written communications.
- Have strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data input.
- Create records within a database.
Work in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility to adapt to changing work assignments and tasks.
- Cross train in all CVI Quality areas.
- Work overtime as required: weekdays and weekends.
- Be familiar with FAS Track transactions and computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Be familiar with ISO-9001 & Raymond Quality Systems: use of RWS, QAPs and APLs; Dept. Inspection Plans and Work Instructions.
- Interface with multiple departments and other manufacturing divisions when resolving problems.
- Comply with PPE requirements, including eye, hearing, and foot protection.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift and works approximately 7am-3:30pm.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 3 or more years of manufacturing experience including at least 1 year as an Inspector.
It would be great if you had:
- Strong communication skills - clear and concise in both verbal and written communications.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data input.
- Ability to create records within a database.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility to adapt to changing work assignments and tasks.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
About the total compensation package:
Salary - $18.00-$20.84; based on experience.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program