The Registered Nurse RN or Licensed Practical Nurse LPN is responsible for the nursing and technician functions during a designated shift and for promoting a safe and therapeutic environment for clients who are detoxifying from substance dependency.
Schedule: Overnight, 7 pm -7 am
Generous Shift Diff!!!!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists Clinical team with the Admissions process;
• Administers medications, treatments and procedures according to standard nursing practices and applicable agency policies.
• Carries out a plan of care and medication orders from doctors.
• Educates clients regarding potential side effects of medications and observes for side effects.
• Monitors clients for substance misuse related withdrawal symptoms.
• Maintains electronic clinical records.
• Obtains vital signs, alcohol breath content; conducts blood glucose level, TB and urinalysis testing.
• Provides crisis management (often involving intoxicated clients).
• Serves as first point of contact for Staff Nurses and Behavioral Health Technicians.
• Resolves nursing issues or escalates to Director of Nursing as appropriate. (Charge position.)
• Positively promotes Summit Behavioral Health to prospective clients and employees.
Required Education and Experience
• Current LPN license in good standing in active state
• Experience working in substance abuse/behavioral health preferred but open to training.
• Experience with documentation and (EHR).