Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
- 3rd shift, Sunday - Thursday, 10 pm- 6 am- Pay Rate Starting at $18/hr
- Eligible for $1,000 Sign On Bonus (minus applicable taxes) after 90 days
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World . Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Machinist, you'll be part of our manufacturing team located in Akron, OH.
This position involves the setup and operation of a Warner Swasey turret lathe machine, or other Machine Shop machinery in a safe and efficient manner, along with performing various laborer/expediter activities.
You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Set up and operate various equipment and machine parts to job order specifications.
- Monitor and adjust machine(s) during the process to achieve acceptable quality.
- Understand and perform, if necessary, inventory paperwork and computer transactions.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machines as scheduled.
- Perform related 5S housekeeping duties in work area.
- Focus on safety, quality, and achievement of specific/exact objectives.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Minimum of 6 to 12 months related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience using similar machines / manual lathes preferred.
- Blueprint reading skills required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedures, etc.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.