Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled Your role in helping us shape the future:
You continuously raise the bar, creating a culture of customer obsession and flawless delivery throughout the test community. You crave a hands-on role where you can work with developers, internal business owners, and other departments to deliver best in class products. You lead by example and connect teams to consistently deliver exceptional results. Are you up to the challenge?
Can you drive these processes?
- Collaborate with product, design and broader engineering teams on feature and functionality definitions to build system-level integration test plans and meet project schedules.
- Drive the personal development and performance of the team, maintaining high employee engagement through coaching, mentoring and feedback.
- Research, recommend, and implement testing process improvements based on new or existing tools and best practices
- Lead and participate in multi-discipline corporate and engineering initiatives to improve product quality, process efficiency, and collaboration.
You should definitely have:
- Coordinate comprehensive test plans, manage schedules, and provide regular status updates on QA activities across multiple test efforts & teams.
- Create accurate QA metrics/dashboards, participate in quality reviews, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Drive continuous process improvement through RCA and CAPA initiatives, increasing both test efficacy and efficiency over time.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and comfortable working with global, multi-functional teams.
It would be nice if you had:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with 10+ years of work experience, with 2 years in a lead or manager role.
- Systems Engineering and system integration testing experience.
- Strong knowledge of test and defect management tools like Zephyr and JIRA, working knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins to align with Dev-Ops Deployment process.
- Experience managing small to mid-sized teams of test engineers in the verification of product design requirements.
- Capable of guiding individual professional development, evaluating team capacity to meet company needs, managing individual workloads, and testing project timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
What it's like to work with us:
- Experience with Agile/Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) work environment
- Project management and/or project lead experience.
- Technical background in telecommunications and/or networking.
- Knowledge on scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere. Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, we apply our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.