As a Home Health Occupational Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Provide therapy services planned, delegated and supervised by the qualified Occupational Therapist in accordance with the patient's Plan of Treatment.
- Assist in the implementation of vocational/education programs and activities established by registered Occupational Therapist designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote/maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- Design/adapt equipment and working and/or living environment. Fabricate devices to assist and improve function and independence and participation in the program and/or community where possible.
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients as directed by the qualified Occupational Therapist and in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures.
- Report information and observations to Occupational Therapist and/or Clinical supervisor, document observed information in patient records and prepares clinical notes. Assist with preparation of progress reports. Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility.
- Instruct patients and family members regarding home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs.
- Design community reintegration activities, as appropriate, to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Current and unrestricted OTA licensure
- Minimum of six months occupational therapist assistant experience preferred
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination