Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups. PC Tech I Job Description
Community Health Systems, Inc. is one of the nation's leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's affiliates own, operate or lease 102 hospitals in 18 states with approximately 17,000 licensed beds. Affiliated hospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and contribute to the economic development of their communities. Based on the unique needs of each community served, these hospitals offer a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services in inpatient and outpatient settings.
JOB DESCRIPTION I. JOB SUMMARY:
Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
II. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education & Skills:
- Associate's degree preferred or 1-3 years equivalent professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of supported PC's, printers, virus protection, and hardware configurations.
- Understanding of current hardware systems to include virtual desktop environments
- Firm understanding of Microsoft based networks and Microsoft operating systems
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot a technical problem in an efficient and logical manner.
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with hospital leaders, peers, and outside vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple, concurrent problems and projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively under supervision of the IT Director and Team Leader.
- Ability to drive to assigned sites to complete work.
- Microsoft, GSuite products.
- 1-3 years in end point device support
- Previous Healthcare experience, a plus
III. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND STANDARDS
- Demonstrates successful performance of all functions of a End-Point Device. Interacts with department directors and staff via daily rounding to proactively discover, document and resolve issues.
- Informs management daily of status of problems and work performed.
- Documents all problems and remediation status in IT Service Management system.
- Implements and preserves end point device and network security.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and behavior at all times.
- Communicates, cooperates and performs other duties as needed or required with other IT staff and members of the hospital staff in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall goals and objectives.
- Adheres to safety regulations and maintains a safe, organized environment at all times.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all patient information.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Participates with peers to identify best practices or common problems and their resolutions.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Adheres to a customer service focused culture.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.