Fast Pace Health strives to provide a best in class patient experience in every interaction. We are seeking a highly-skilled, experienced Physical Therapy Assistant to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be deeply committed to nurturing our Fast Pace mission of teamwork, communication, empowerment and quality care in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Fast Pace Health aims to push for a new vision of healthcare in rural communities that will consist of an array of different services. We are changing the delivery of healthcare in these rural areas by integrating excellent patient care, education, accessibility, and community service, in a way that puts the patient's needs first and improves the health status of our communities.
Fast Pace Health is a growing company! You will have the support and mentoring you need to become the best Physical Therapy Assistant you can be! We will help you grow your clinical competencies, and can offer you a rewarding career path. We work as a dynamic team to surpass our business goals by ensuring our patients receive the best care possible in a positive environment.
-We offer competitive compensation and benefits such as holiday pay, PTO, medical, dental, vision and Work-Life balance, to name a few.
- As a Fast Pace Health employee you will have the opportunity to participate in community events and outreach programs. This includes, but is not limited to, seasonal parades, book drives, festivals, trunk or treating, fun runs, and more. We dress up for holidays and celebrate with pot lucks. At Fast Pace, our community is our family, and we are a family first community.
The Exercise Technician will work in a team environment and is responsible for assisting Physical Therapists with patient care, maintaining overall cleanliness of the clinic, and ensuring clinic equipment is in working order. The position requires strong customer skills with an ability to maintain friendly and professional relationships with patients and employees.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized clinic, including vacuuming, kitchen cleanliness, restroom cleanliness and laundry facilities.
- Receive and check-in patients upon arrival to clinic, and assist in patient departure by providing future scheduling to patient, and checking-out patient.
- Perform patient care activities under the on-site direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist, unless otherwise prohibited by state statutes: a. Test and measure patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Plan and prepare written treatment program based on PT's approval and evaluation of patient data.
- Instruct, motivate and assist patients to perform various physical activities.
- Educate patient in use of assisted and supportive devices such as crutches, canes and prostheses.
- Record treatment, response and progress in patient chart.
- Document and provide patients with appropriate exercise plan upon completing daily physical therapy.
- Collect and process payments as requested.
- Records daily treatment notes, portions of monthly progress notes, and discharge summaries timely and completely.
- Records treatment charges daily and completes charge tickets in accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for learning the aspects of compliance in the company by completing all mandatory compliance training
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all employees.
- The ability to build and maintain confidence and credibility with all employees.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
- The ability to perform the physical, use of senses, cognitive, and environmental functions of the position, as specified on the physical demands.
- Ability to comply with Company standards of operations.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company, of teamwork, communication, empowerment, quality of care, and friendliness.
Education: Associate's degree in an accredited physical therapist assistant program; and successful completion of national exam
Fast Pace Health is committed to the principle of equal employment and creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct.
Please refer to the links below for information regarding your rights under certain federal laws:
Mississippi Residents Only:
In Mississippi, Fast Pace requires pre-employment/drug/alcohol testing as a condition of employment. The law requires that Fast Pace notify applicants, in writing, upon application and prior to the collection of the specimen for drug and alcohol test, that they may be tested for the presence of drugs [or alcohol] in their metabolites. Miss. Code. Ann. § 71-7-3(5).