Are you an experienced placement broker or senior broker looking for a hybrid role with a global organisation?
Do you want to join an extremely technical team with an enviable group knowledge of commercial insurance broking?
Based in Glasgow.
The placement broker is responsible for the programme design and placement of specific industry business into the regional, London and international insurance markets.
- Understand a client or prospect s business, situations, opportunities, problems and key issues.
- Prepare insightful client and prospect market presentations and slips.
- Attend client & prospect presentations.
- Be able to articulate the state of the Regional, London and International insurance market and provide relevant industry insight into clients and prospects.
- Undertake technical reviews and programme design.
- Support the Account Executives and Sales Team in determining appropriate solutions and structuring and pricing the deal.
- Identify appropriate markets and determine placing strategy.
- Ability to manage relationships and negotiate placement with the insurance market.
- Create and grow relationships with underwriters in the Regional and London markets.
- Experience in pricing and designing conceptual programmes.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure good relationships and communication with other associates.
- A thorough understanding and an expert user for all relevant systems.
- ACII qualified or working towards the ACII qualification.
- A proven track record in Insurance Broking or Underwriting is essential.
- A good knowledge of the insurance market in order to address client and technical issues.
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Good presentation abilities.
- Ability to assimilate and apply large volumes of information rapidly.
- Negotiation skills coupled with the ability to be flexible and innovative.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team.
- Able to prioritise, manage deadlines and work under pressure.
- Comfortable explaining complex concepts and making recommendations to clients/client servicing teams.
This rare opportunity comes with a fantastic benefits package and salary.
For a confidential chat, please call me on or email your CV to