Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at , LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Platform Adoption Professional is a change champion with a strong passion for coaching, industry and consultive sales experience. Providing consistent best practice reinforcement and mentoring sales professionals. This position involves shifting mindset, elevating skills, and ensuring teams are leveraging proper resources to feel supported and set-up for success.
The Platform Adoption Team has two areas of focus:
- To create a foundation for outcome-based solutions by evangelizing and advocating Lumen's business impact and thought leadership to customers. They Identify what business outcomes can be realized and demonstrate how Lumen's platform can deliver those outcomes. The goal is to uncover and enable new opportunities for the Lumen account teams to pursue.
- Coach the sales and customer success organization, through local enablement programs working with stakeholders to mentor the teams to increase knowledge and capability, supporting the transformation of the organization. To grow pipeline and increase the mix of solutions sold.
The Main Responsibilities
- Will support early-stage customer development. Working alongside the sales team positioning Lumen services directly, with the customer.
- A virtual member of the team, accountable for technology outcome vison for customers. Works closely with the account teams to form part of the early opportunity pursuit function.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of customer's business, industry, technology trends and competitors. To facilitate the pursuit strategy, identification, and development of opportunities for Sales and customer success reps.
- Establishes business relationships at senior levels of a customer which facilitate the introduction of teams who can sell solutions that are aligned to customer outcomes.
- Orchestrate and deliver content, information, and tools to prepare sellers to deliver on Lumen business goals including building client relationships, identifying client need, how Lumen's platform can meet client needs.
- Support thought leadership e.g., EBC, CBR's market propositions. To generate new areas for the Lumen to up-sale and cross-sale.
- It will be expected that they will chair and speak at events to evangelize Lumen in the customer and market.
- Interface to the product organization, to capture customer input on areas of improvement that is needed to drive greater adoption of Lumen services.
- Will continually evaluate and deploy new improved enablement methods and initiatives. Typically collaborates with Product, Marketing and Sales Operations to create content. Drive initiatives and track and measure performance.
- Designs and leads Solutions Development/Unfreezing/ Advisement Workshops.
- The role engages with CS team to support unfreezing initiatives driving maximum use of procured services.
- Track and measure the results of enablement programs, and regularly report results to key business stakeholders
What We Look For in a Candidate
Minimum skills required to perform in this role:
- 7 years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties
- Demonstrated technical sales experience (at least 3 years) in Cloud/Technology sales and solution leadership experience
- Subject matter expertise in a key technology arena for instance Security or RPA
- Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, and long-range account management strategies.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands, a high sense of urgency
- The ability to demonstrate translating customer drivers to differentiated value positioning
- Internal and external financial analysis and market acumen
- Facilitating & Lead Discovery Sessions, Uncovering & Elevating Pains
- Advanced presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to conduct analyses and translate results to easily digestible communications including messages and presentations
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of applicable education and experience required; MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- Strong relationship skills
- Experience selling managed services and applications
- Exceptional strategic planning, solution management
- Experience at being a strategic member of sales team who contributes significantly to growth and development of the business
- High energy level and demonstrated drive to succeed.
Requisition #: 306051
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.