We are looking for someone who is a PowerBI, Reporting and Data Visualisation champion, to develop and deliver high quality reporting solutions. You will be working across multiple work streams; creating bespoke products, as well as maintaining existing structures. You will have experience with high performing reports & dashboards within the Power BI Platform, as well as strong data modelling, transformation and querying skills. So if you have a love for problem-solving and all things Power BI, this could be the role for you.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent data visualisation skills; and able to effectively utilise a wide range of visuals.
- Excellent at utilising navigation features.
- Outside-of-the-box style problem solving skills; producing custom solutions outside of in-built Power BI capabilities.
- Maintenance of existing & new reporting solutions.
- Maintaining confidence in the data as a single source of truth, by ensuring data is up to date, reliable, consistent and coherent.
- Advanced analytics and statistical techniques to provide appropriate DAX measures and calculations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactively investigating any areas of improvement. Utilising best practice data modelling, query optimisation and performance tuning.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience with Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing reporting solutions in a busy Agile/Scrum/DevOps production environment.
- Advanced DAX language skills (measures, calculated columns, calculated tables)
- Advanced Power Query & M-code (ETL and data transformation/aggregation before loading data into Power BI).
- Experience in data modelling and best practice methodology.
- Experience with performance tuning and improving efficiency within Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
- Solid understanding of tabular, relational databases and schemas.
- Experience in de-bugging and issue resolution.
- Exposure to Azure and Cloud-based databases and how they function.
- Exposure to different types of data sources.
- Knowledge of OData framework as a data source for the Power BI Platform.
- Experience with similar data visualisation tools.