Overview / Responsibilities
Due to an increased workload, Wood is recruiting for a Senior Civil Underground Designer (contract) with extensive experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical and energy transitiion industries. This will be a contract role working from our Reading office. Workscope
Provision of design and modelling services for Concept Select stage Civil, Site Preparation and Underground deliverables
Skills / Qualifications
- Execution and oversight of Civil Design requirements
- Provision of quantification input as required
- Production of all associated project design deliverables
- Checking and review work undertaken by other execution offices and thirs party entities
- Support to the Lead Civil Engineer as required
- Effective coordination of all elements within the project
- Maintain effective dialogue with other Project Engineers, Delivery Team leader, Engineering manager
- Diploma or similar with experience in Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Power / Pharmaceutical Plant Projects.
- Knowledge in 2D and 3D drafting Bentley Microstation V8i
- Working knowledge of Bentley In Roads and/or Windes (Microdrainage) would be considered an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.