A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling, and water heating equipment, Rheem Manufacturing is continually innovating new ways to deliver just the right degree of environmental comfort to every home and business while saving energy, water, and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, we depend on talented individuals to power our innovations. Join our team and help shape the future of products that impact lives-every day.Summary
The Quality Specialist IV would be responsible for managing the production tooling and fixtures used by suppliers and owned by Rheem. This position will support all activities related to production tooling from specific requirements preparation onboarding of new tools to planning repairs and improvements in support of ongoing production. The quality Specialist will assist in addressing Quality & Internal Factories feedback related to issues with components by implementing tooling improvement actions. The specialist will develop effective maintenance strategies, methods, and procedures while working with global stakeholders.
This position will serve Rheem Enterprise Division and will be located in Montgomery, Alabama.What You'll Do
- Responsible for all supplier allocated tooling, die-cast, metal stamping, and plastic injection mold tooling, including design involvement, tool repair, and purchase of new and replacement tools.
- Lead the tooling-at-suppliers program through the monthly collection/assessment/reporting of tooling maintenance data; maintenance of monthly communications with suppliers in the program regarding performance and tooling needs; creation/justification/requesting of funding for repairs/refurbishments/ replacements for suppliers with Rheem owned tooling.
- Support team efforts to improve quality, cost, and timing of mold/tooling repairs or changes in a manner that contributes to meeting or exceeding business units' performance objectives
- Develop and execute tooling-at-suppliers capital and expense budget plans
- Assess and manage the performance of the components and assemblies from the supplier's production tooling to minimize unplanned downtime, quality concerns, and inefficiencies related to capacities.
- Interfaces cross-functionally, across business units, and with supplier representatives regarding identified supplier-related quality issues and associated supplier corrective actions.
- Identifies and leads the investigation of chronic supplier issues and problem-solving and error-proofing projects, including travel to affected Rheem plants and suppliers.
- Support corporate supplier quality and new supplier qualification process, including periodic onsite quality system surveillance audits of the corporate supply base.
- Support other corporate quality strategies and initiatives as required.
- Other duties assigned.
What You'll Need
How To Stand Out
- Bachelor's or foreign equivalent degree in mechanical engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in industrial tooling design and tooling adaptations environment
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a quality role or supplier quality role
- Working knowledge and experience with ISO9001 or TS16949 based Quality System Standards
- Practical knowledge in Advanced Quality Planning and Problem-solving tools; i.e. Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP/FPA, SPC, Process Capability, Error proofing, Gage R&R, Error proofing, Poka Yoke
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and tolerances in English and Metric systems
- Capital and expense budget plans
- Must possess and demonstrate proficiency in the following competency areas:
- Communication (excellent verbal and written communication)
- Teamwork (demonstrated team player with strong team-building skills and ability to lead as necessary)
- Organization (includes strong time management skills)
- Problem Solving (excellent techniques and skills such as 5-why, 8D, etc)
- No travel restrictions (including international travel) Minimum 25% travel required
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate manual and computer numerically controlled machines.
- Skilled in precision measurement techniques and use of standard metrology best practices.
- Capable of accurately interpreting dimensioning and geometric tolerancing.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified ISO/TS Lead Auditor
- Certified in Lean Manufacturing
- In-depth experience in tool design, low-cost tooling, injection mold tooling, jigs, and fixtures
- Practical working experience with statistical software Minitab
- Thorough, detailed analysis and understanding of tool needs and programs.
- Bi-Lingual (English, Spanish)
Notice To Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation for any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
Rheem Water Heating 2600 GPD - MGM (AL)Job
Day JobEmployee Status
Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting
Aug 11, 2022, 11:00:35 AM