Our client is an established contractor based in the Hull. They are responsible for a wide variety of projects as they pride themselves on being a multi-disciplinary practice. They are recruiting Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyors who they anticipate that in a short period of time the successful applicant will be managing their own client base and other members of the QS team when needed.
- Ensuring compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
- Preparing forecasts, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis of maintenance and repair work
- Feasibility studies of client's requests and analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation accounts
- Preparing and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors and provide evidence for resolution of disputes
A successful applicant:
- Ideally looking for the applicants to be at Chartered or working towards being Chartered status due to the nature of the work.
- The individuals will have several years' experience in the construction industry and or similar professional practice. Also being used to managing several projects at any one time in a fast-moving environment.
- This position calls for Quantity Surveyors who are comfortable in a client facing position.
- managing their own workload with little input or direction