Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA
We are looking for an Educator to join our Burn team! In your role, you will function as a clinical leader and expert in our nationally-recognized Leon S. Peters Burn Center at Community Regional Medical Center. With patients ranging from moderate to high acuity, including pediatric and adult trauma patients, mild scald burn and skin graft patients, and more. This is the perfect opportunity to grow your burn experience and become a leader in the continuum of care for our burn patients.
As the only ABA Verified Burn Center in the Valley, our 10-bed burn center is the only around-the-clock Level 1 Burn Center between Sacramento and LA for adult and pediatric burn survivors. We are active in burn research and evidence-based care, managing complex wounds. As part of our specialized burn team, you will have the unique opportunity to focus on the continuum of care for burn survivors and their family members.
Community Regional Medical Center is the largest of our three main hospitals and the flagship hospital of the Central Valley. This academic-affiliated, Level 1 Trauma Center is located on a 58-acre campus in downtown Fresno. It features one of the largest and busiest emergency departments in California as well as a comprehensive burn center. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients.
We know that our ability to provide the highest level of care begins with our incredible staff. Because of this, we provide unique benefits like free concierge services to run your errands while you work and well-being support through on-demand resources, as well as excellent retirement options and core benefits. Financial benefits are important too, and outside base compensation, we provide relocation bonuses if you are moving to our wonderful community.Your Career at Community | Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
Responsibilities: In your role, you will:
- Develop, coordinate and evaluate unit specific training and orientation programs for new staff and provide oversight to service specific competency programs.
- Develop and provide ongoing educational programs for all staff based on information from the annual needs assessment. Ensure correct documentation of education records according to BRN and regulatory requirements.
- Act as a clinical resource and mentor to staff. Consult with staff to support point of care education programming, planning and implementation while continuously drawing staff into the process to strengthen participation.
- Collaborates with Advance Practice Nurse (APN) to evaluate and maintain RN performance standards. Design and evaluate innovations in nursing. Facilitate advancement of nursing practice in the organization through educational development and clinical mentorship.
Qualifications: Education and Experience Minimum Requirements:
Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or graduation from an accredited School of Nursing required
- 2 years of clinical experience in area of specialty required
- Experience in patient and staff education development and implementation, quality improvement, program development and professional development required
- BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
- RN - Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
- Additional unit specific requirements required