Release & Change Manager
Inside IR356 months intilal contract£500-£530 per dayLocation: Northampton
The Release and Change Manager, reporting into the Implementation Manager is responsible for associated activities outlined within the Readiness & Implementation Management lifecycle, including scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the estate for multiple products using cloud- based technology to deploy code into Pre-Production, all Testing and Production environments.
ROLE DESCRIPTION / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Accountable for all readiness and implementation activity within defined operational standards and agreed performance targets ensuring all activity remains on track.
- Accountable for all readiness and implementation documentation and scope associated to a release.
- Ensuring the Release Definition Document (RDD) is maintained, Schedule of Events, Readiness, and
- "Go/no Go" packs are created and that benefits realisation is understood.
- Accountable for formal Go/no Go sessions with all clients and internal stakeholders
- Accountable for the all activity associated to the release roadmap, aligning code drops for major release into test and production environments
- Accountable for direct management and all activity carried out by Release and Readiness Analysts.
- Responsible for all gateway approvals within the release life cycle ensuring all governance policies are adhered to.
- Drive opportunities which improve quality and efficiencies within Release Management to enhance productivity within the department and across the business.
- Assist the Change Delivery Lead with all internal and external stakeholder engagement surrounding release activity for defined packages of work.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to areas of the business in relation to the release management processes along with maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Support Change Delivery Manager/Head of Release Management in the completion of defined tasks and responsibilities within service level agreements.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in ICS Release Management.
- Experience in managing multiple application releases within a multi-product environment including third party and client delivery.
- Excellent understanding of the end to end Release Management Lifecycle in multiple technologies including cloud delivery.
- Experience of managing third parties and clients as well as experience of leading multiple and complex Releases/Implementations is desirable.
- Ability to determine the critical success factors (CSF) for a successful release/implementation and identify key performance indicators (KPI) to support
- Strong Stakeholder Management including internal/external Senior Management.
- Experience across IT & Business delivery.
- Experiencing using IT change tools would be an advantage