Sales Engineer - Enterprise
The Sales Engineer is the technical subject matter expert (SME) supporting an Enterprise Account team with a focus on Ethernet Services, Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), and Private Networking Solutions. This role will also support Voice solutions, including Digital Trunking, Hosted Voice, Unified Communications (UC), and SD-WAN. The Sales Engineer will provide consultative pre-sales technical support, working on account teams to develop proposals and recommend solutions to meet customer business requirements.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for working with an Account Team (Account Executives, Sales Directors, etc.) to engage with customers and provide cost-effective solutions. The Sales Engineer will provide technical sales support for Astound's Enterprise product suite of services. Act as a technical expert in the presales process and provide experienced support to the customer's technical team to bridge the need of Astound's products and services. Works as part of the presales account team to market and sell Astound's line of services including BCI, DIA, Voice, SD-WAN, Ethernet, and other Enterprise services.
- Attend customer meetings in person and via the phone/web.
- Assists representatives and customers with selecting the best Astound products and services to meet their needs
- Prepare technical proposals and presentations in conjunction with Sales Executives, which may include preparation of network topologies, network drawings, technical specifications, and assisting with the development of pricing requests.
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Required to follow the Company's and industry technology trends through self-study, formal training, and certifications
- Provides technical training and development to support the Enterprise Account teams.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Requires a professional demeanor and appearance with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Background in networking, IP routing protocols (MPLS, BGP, VPN, protocol stack and switching
- Experience with Cable industry technologies (DOCSIS, PON, CMDW, video)
- SD-WAN knowledge and the role it plays
- Voice and Unified Communications technologies and products.
- Optical knowledge with Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), Course Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM), Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM), and dark fiber
- Ability to travel within assigned territory
- Minimum 3-5 years experience supporting telecommunications services to Enterprise accounts or a combination with Enterprise IT experience
- Must have a proven track record of building, executing technical solutions and sales strategies to penetrate, close, and manage Enterprise accounts
- Travel up to 50%. Astound offers a hybrid work environment. Applicants should reside in the indicated territory with the expectation to attend customer and account team meetings as required.
- Strong Computer Skills - including working knowledge of MS Office products, Google GSuite, Visio, databases and mapping software such as NI2, ArcGIS and Google Earth
- Experience with CRM tools (Sugar, SalesForce)
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University; or equivalent training, education and experience
- certification supporting Astound's product and/or services (Cisco, Ciena, AWS, Microsoft, Adva, etc.) is desired
Sales Engineering Department at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our technology, products and services
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, and our communities
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Astound Broadband is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)