Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity as a Senior Geoarchaeologist?
Applications are invited for a professional, highly motivated, and capable geoarchaeological and palaeoenvironmental specialist with an excellent track record in undertaking geoarchaeological mapping and sediment coring, and ideally one or more of pollen analysis, botanical macrofossil analysis, wood and charcoal analysis, or soil micromorphology.
This post is a senior position within our Specialist Services division where you will work closely with other talented individuals and share data as part of our landscape prospection services where we integrate geoarchaeological, geophysical, geochemical, remote sensing, and other data to examine and understand landscapes, their taphonomy, and to drive targeted archaeological and palaeoenvironmental investigations.
The Senior Geoarchaeologist will need to produce high-quality reports for commercial and commissioned projects and design schemes of work and lead our growing and well-drilled palaeoenvironmental team.
The successful Senior Geoarchaeologist will need to demonstrate several years' professional commercial experience in undertaking all such work and will have a proven track record in the use of key equipment and software including the use of GPS and total stations as well as relevant software, ideally including for deposit modelling. Ability to use Oxcal and undertake Bayesian modelling will be a further advantage.
You will need to have excellent written English skills and will be responsible for completing environmental assessments and analyses on commercial and research-based archaeological projects. A good knowledge of British archaeology is highly desirable as well as a track record in reports and publication.
You must be able to work as an effective team member who can be relied on to deliver to tight deadlines. The post is ideally located in our Bakewell office, although some hybrid working is possible, and you will be responsible to the Head of Specialist Services.
We welcome applications for this Senior Geoarchaeologist role, with any of the following skills or attributes: Geoarchaeology, Geoarchaeologist, Paleoenvironmental, Environmental, Paleo, Archaeologist, Supervisor, Senior Officer. Benefits
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Sector-leading commitment to training and career progression including one to one external coaching
- Member of the company's health cash plan which includes a wide range of health services and financial support
- Discounts and rewards on health, fitness, and entertainment
- Attractive pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Additional annual leave awarded according to length of service
- Accommodation provided for away work with subsistence
- Full personal protective equipment and company branded attire
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees and CSCS card fees
- Educated to 2:1 degree level in archaeology or directly related subject
- Post-graduate qualification in environmental archaeology
- Significant professional experience working as a geoarchaeologist and/or palaeoenvironmental specialist with an excellent track record in undertaking geoarchaeological mapping and sediment coring
- Proven track record of sampling and analysing palaeoenvironmental proxies such as pollen, botanical macrofossils, and wood (including charcoal)
- You will have a proven track record in the use of key equipment and software including the use of GPS units and total stations as well as other relevant software, including for deposit modelling
- Track record of professional commercial reports
- Managing and working as part of a team to tight deadlines
- Have a reference library of samples
- Giving talks
- Speaking in meetings, conferences, etc.
- Specialist in one or more of pollen analysis, botanical macrofossil analysis, charred wood, soil micromorphology
Archaeological Research Services Ltd is an experienced commercial practice providing a full range of archaeological and heritage services.
By offering a complete service we keep costs down and gain efficiencies for our clients through the life cycle of a project so you can be sure of maximising the value of your investment. We operate throughout the UK from our network of offices, and we welcome opportunities to work abroad.
Whether you are building infrastructure or houses, establishing a quarry, converting mills, or regenerating urban places, we offer a one-stop shop for dealing with all archaeological and heritage matters.
From preliminary advice and assessments to high-level consultancy, fieldwork, post-excavation analysis and dissemination, our approach is committed to providing successful outcomes by way of tailor-made solutions geared to the strategic needs of our clients.
We are an efficient organisation committed to investment in our staff, equipment, and technology. This means you can be sure of being assisted by skilled, hard-working, and motivated staff who take pride in their work, create value and deliver jobs on time.