Morgan Philips Group is an innovative recruitment business with a footprint across 4 continents. In just 5 years, we have built a global platform that disrupts conventional thinking in executive and professional recruiting. We combine high-touch consultancy with worldwide search capability and digital sourcing technologies to help you recruit better, faster and cost effectively.
- Provide technical support and oversight at tender stage to ensure projects are assessed and system design, specification, performance, quality and project timescales are deliverable.
- Protect the interests of the Company and develop good working relationships with Clients, Consultants, Sub-contractors and Suppliers.
- Ensure that all designs and bids are delivered on time, within budget, and to the Clients requirements
- Designing PV system using Helioscope, PVSyst or other PV design software
- Support projects by providing design layout, system specification, cost estimates and technical reports
- Working on a range of commercial-scale rooftop, ground mount and car port solar projects
- May include conducting technical site surveys (nationwide)
- Attend client meetings and building rapport to coordinate and develop solutions
- Coordinate statutory applications/submission, as required (DNO, planning, screening etc)
- Support the commercial team in the preparation of technical submission documents and tenders, from a technical perspective
- Uphold a robust health and safety culture across the company
- Support the development of quality management systems and divisional processes
- Ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality of engineering and technical standard
- Gain and maintain knowledge of latest Electrical Codes (CPD)
- Carry out other duties that from time to time may be required.
- Application of BS 7671 wiring regulation
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience with commercial solar design
- Commercial awareness in renewable energy
- Ground mounted PV and battery storage experience is highly desirable
- Can do attitude with strong desire for self-development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, accurate and methodical in work
- Proficient in MS office, particularly Excel
- Clear communicator, confident in communicating and influencing at all levels
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Base salary £30,000 - £35,000 (dependant on experience).
- 26 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Manchester office with hybrid working
- Share save scheme
- Additional holidays purchase scheme (up to 5 extra days per year)