The Business Analyst coordinates with other members of the department, IS and the Business to identify problems and needs of the organization, collect, analyze, and document business requirements, information system recommendations, and process improvement recommendations. This individual participates in planning and implementation of proposed recommendations and system changes. They act as liaison between developers and business.
The Business Analyst performs under general supervision, in which the supervisor provides continuing or individual assignments by indicating generally what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines and priorities. Additional, specific instructions are given for new, difficult, or unusual assignments. The Business Analyst uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments. The supervisor assures that work is technically accurate and in compliance with instructions or established procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Information and Data Analysis
- Works with business to identify and specify business/systems requirements.
- Evaluates potential solutions that meet business needs.
- Formalizes expectations with business.
- Ensures timely and accurate resolution of all issues
- Participates in the creation of presentation, data flow diagrams, tool analysis and process flow diagrams.
- Participate in analysis for all assigned initiatives, including support for strategy and research initiatives
- Lead business requests, within one or multiple departments, impacting one or more platforms
- Analyze and document business requirements and specifications incorporating SDLC, SEI/CMM, Agile and current company defined processes and methods
- Collaborate with team members to document new business requirements and specifications
- Query data and create basic reports with direction
- Assist in developing vendor selection recommendations
- Monitor and update requirements for life of projects, following change control procedures
- Contribute to development of project management deliverables, including providing status
Problem Resolution and Implementation Support
- Identify critical events, follow basic procedures to diagnose, monitor and communicate resolution
- Apply critical thinking skills to identify issues and propose solutions
- Participate in scheduling, prioritization, risk management activities and change control implementation
- Support testing and implementation through test conditions development, test execution, and user acceptance testing
Perform other activities as directed by department management
- Continually expand understanding of technology and its impact on health insurance/managed care
- Other activities as assigned
- Support department based needs for the maintenance, troubleshooting, while collaborating with other IT departments
EDUCATION: (Minimum education & certifications required)
- Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a functional business area, preferably in a healthcare insurance environment
- Minimum of 3 years experience with SDLC methodology, Agile and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Analytical experience related to business/systems analysis
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Proficient understanding of health insurance/managed care and related technology market and products
- Proficient understanding of managed care insurance applications and user requirements
- Proficient knowledge and use of simple reporting tools
- Proficient knowledge of brainstorming tools and business models
- Proficiently use business requirement collection methodologies
- Able to use one or more of the following techniques, or other techniques as appropriate, for business requirement documentation: business modeling, entity relationship modeling, logic/data flows, narratives, data structures, screen layouts, data dictionaries and forms
- Demonstrate working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including, but not limited to: Word, PPT, Visio, Excel, Project and ACCESS
- Employ basic root cause and impact analysis, interviews, focus groups, and other data gathering techniques
- Able to assess assigned work, manage time and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate skills in estimating time required to complete assigned initiatives, and work with the business and other IS departments to plan accordingly
- Participate in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) model and manage customer expectations at the staff level
- Demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills in the capacity of liaison by maintaining and supporting customer relationships, acting as a customer advocate within the IS organization and handling pressure calmly and proactively in difficult situations
- Demonstrate negotiation and influencing skills
- Use well-developed verbal and written skills, including:
- Work objectively with confidential information
- Demonstrate developing facilitation skills
- Develop and create basic presentations
- Able to work collaboratively and cooperatively as a team member, fostering an atmosphere of trust and respect
- Must be flexible and a proponent of change
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
- May require occasional evening or weekend hours as the needs of the organization dictate.
- Requires the ability to stay focused in a dynamic environment, and able to quickly adapt to changes.
- Requires strong verbal and visual abilities.
- Will occasionally need to work after-hours to support departmental projects and initiatives. Schedule may vary to maintain proper support coverage, based upon business needs. May occasionally be required to travel between campuses.
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better health care experience to everyone in our communities. Building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
At Point32Health, we're working to reshape the world of health care by pushing past the status quo and delivering even more to the diverse communities we serve: more innovation, more access, more support, and healthier lives. And we want people like you on our side to make it even better.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R5032