We are recruiting for an additional Workstream Site Coordinator who will be responsible for inspecting the quality of works on-site, ensuring it meets specified standards, and health and safety requirements.
Our team currently work out of our Southgate Office but for contractual purposes, the registered office will show as Chalkhill.
This role is ideal, not just for an experienced Site Mangers/Coordinators but is an excellent opportunity for Repairs Supervisors, Planners, Clerks of Works, Tradespeople and Customer Service based individuals with Construction Industry experience who are looking for their next move.
As part of this role, you will be required to have a full clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business purposes. Business Mileage will be reimbursed.
Duties will include but will not be limited to the following.
- Inspecting planned work and comparing it with drawings and specifications
- Measuring and quality checking building materials
- Monitoring progress and reporting to project managers, and contract administrators
- Liaising with contractors, engineers and surveyors Also with internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer complaints are being dealt with effectively and to an excellent, timely standard.
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are being adhered to in all circumstances on site in line with CDM Regulations 2015.
What you'll need to succeed
- SMSTS (or SSTS as a minimum) Qualification
- Experience/knowledge of dealing with customer complaints, possessing excellent communication skills
- Significant experience of managing planned works across multiple disciplines
- Be a self-starter and initiator for problem solving within your service area
- A track record of overseeing supply chain works delivery in a performance driven environment
- Strong working knowledge of Statutory and Regulatory obligations relating to the delivery of servicing program of work
- Extensive knowledge of the CDM, Asbestos awareness, Fire risk assessment and all other regulations relating to the delivery of planned program of work
- Desire for excellent workmanship
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer (IT) skills including Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Word.
- Preferably trade background and/or qualifications.
Please refer to the job description for further information
What s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional Beliefs day once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit - interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively Serving people better every day to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.